Guide on how to sell CS:GO skins
Sites which serve as a marketplace for trading CS:GO skins usually have a similar structure. They are user-friendly and easy to navigate. All you need to do to sell your CS:GO skins is follow a few simple instructions:
- Sign in using your Steam account (no need to worry about your privacy, none of the marketplaces can hack your mobile Steam Guard * and mailbox. Your Steam account is completely safe);
- Select the skins which the website of your choice is willing to buy from you or those that can be placed on the online marketplace;
- Specify the payment method and accurately fill out the form to ensure the correct transfer destination.
Afterward, all you can do is wait for the money to arrive on your account. The duration of the transfer depends on the payment method. Customarily, the fastest are PayPal, Webmoney, QIWI, and transferring the money to your cell phone number. Keep this in mind in case you are in a hurry.
IMPORTANT! In case you choose the method of payment via Visa or MasterCard the process might take up to 5 business days due to banks internal security regulations.
How are skin prices determined?
Before digging deeper into the subject, we'd like to draw your attention to one important point. You will notice that the prices on these websites differ from the ones on Steam Community Market. It is common for all of them and is considered as a fee for providing real money instead of the bonuses from Steam. Moreover, these websites will do it almost instantly (except the Visa and MasterCard methods we mentioned before). Of course, it's main but not the only reason for lower prices.
The price of the skins is automatically generated by a complex algorithm that includes but is not limited to:
- the average price for a particular CS: GO skin during a particular period of time;
- skin's popularity among the CS: GO community, its demand;
- the supply of this particular skin on this and other similar websites;
- trends, etc.;
- many more indicators acknowledged only by the websites themselves.
On average, the cost of CSGO skins is from 23% to 50% lower than its price on Steam. But this deficiency is often compensated by bonuses, promotions, and loyalty programs.
Main safety recommendations for your Steam account:
- Select a secure, complex password with uppercase and lowercase characters and numbers;
- Regularly check your computer for viruses and malware;
- Avoid insecure (alien) public computers and networks;
- Always sign out of your account on the public computers.
- To make a quick sale, you have to set the highest level of security for your Steam account. To do that you need to use a Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
Note, that the Authenticator has to be turned on at least 7 days before making a sale. Otherwise, Steam will freeze your items for up to 15 days. This feature is protecting your account by giving you time to exchange or cancel the sale, in case the account was hacked.
Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator
Protect your account with a Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. This app generates a unique code for your every sign in into a Steam account. The code changes every 30 seconds and can be used only once.
Before selling on any of these skin trading websites you should take a look at requirements imposed by Steam platform for the safety of your account. For a successful sale, users are required to comply with the following rules:
- Have a Steam Mobile App installed for the confirmation of the game contents transfer. It has to be installed no less than 7 days prior to the transaction;
- Have an activated Steam Guard system on the device from which the transaction will be made. It has to be installed no less than 15 days prior to the transaction;
- Your Steam account password has to remain unchanged for at least 5 days prior to the transaction (in case your account was inactive for the past 2 months – then password has to remain unchanged for at least 30);
- Your email address linked to your Steam account has to remain unchanged for at least 5 days prior to the transaction;
- Your device with installed STEAM app from which you will confirm the game content transfer has to remain unchanged for at least 7 days prior to the transaction;
- Age of the user has to be 18+ years.
In case any of the requirements listed above are violated the trading services won't be able to complete the transaction and it will be canceled.